By: Donna C.
5 min read
Reviewed By: Melisa C.
Published on: Jan 3, 2023
Graduation speeches are a memorable part of the graduation experience. They are a chance for the graduates to share their thoughts about their time in college.
So, are you getting ready to give a graduation speech but feel like you're in over your head? Don't worry - with a little bit of preparation, you can deliver a speech that will leave your audience feeling inspired and proud.
In this blog post, we'll outline some easy steps that will help you write a successful graduation speech. So get started today and soon you'll be on your way to giving an awesome speech!
If you're giving a graduation speech, here are some tips to help you make it a success.
On this Page
The graduation speech is an opportunity to say a few words of thanks to those who have helped you in your college life. This speech is also called commencement speech. If you get to give a commencement speech at graduation, use the opportunity to leave an impression on your audience.
When you are about to give a speech, make sure that you are prepared and know what you want to say.
It would be best if your speech is not too long, but long enough to cover all the important points and ideas.
Graduation is a time to celebrate your success in college, and cherish all the moments you’ve spent there.
As you prepare to speak, think about sharing your ideas with the audience. And remember that a good speech is a mixture of humor and seriousness.
Here are the main things a graduation speech should cover:
The best graduation speeches combine all of these things for a lasting and memorable effect.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
To create your graduation speech outline, you can follow these steps:
Here are eight tips for delivering a well-written and memorable graduation speech:
1. Start By Thanking Who Helped You - Start by thanking your parents, teacher, friend, or anyone who helped you. When thanking someone, focus on their role in your development and show appreciation.
For example,you might say: “I’m grateful to my parents for always making me feel safe.” “Without my teacher who taught me persistence and determination, I wouldn’t have made it through college.”
2. Avoid Excessively Talking About Yourself - It is natural to feel excited to talk about your experiences, but don’t forget to mention your peers. They have been with you through thick and thin and deserve recognition as well.
3. Look for Other Famous Speeches - If you want to know what other people have said, Google some famous speeches. You can also visit the library and check out the speeches of previous graduates.
4. Keep it Brief and Useful - Make your speech brief and useful. Your audience has a limited time, so try to say more in less words.
5. Carefully Choose Your Words - Think before you speak! Avoid gossiping, insulting your classmates or teachers, and saying anything that might get you into trouble. Be thoughtful in what you mention, and consider how your words will affect other people.
6. Share Your Inspirations & Goals - Try to inspire your audience by sharing your aspirations and goals. This will help them develop a vision for their own futures.
7. Use Quotes Wisely - A quote can be a good ice-breaker or an effective way to illustrate a point. But use them wisely and only those that are 100 percent relevant to your topic.
8. Conclude With Important Note - Conclude with something intriguing or inspirational. Acknowledge the audience's presence and offer some final thoughts to carry away. Also, be sure that you are leaving behind some positive value for your listeners.
Take a look at this sample of graduation speech:
Here are some helpful graduation speech themes for your speech.
Writing a graduation speech is an important part of the graduation ceremony. By following the steps given here, you will be able to create great work in no time.
Looking for top-notch writing help? SharkPapers.com is here to accommodate all high school and college students' writing needs! Whether it's an essay, speech, or just some notes, our professional writers will be able to write exactly what your professors required from you.
So, place your order now from our essay writer and get that desired help to secure an ‘A+’ grade.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Donna writes on a broad range of topics, but she is mostly passionate about social issues, current events, and human-interest stories. She has received high praise for her writing from both colleagues and readers alike. Donna is known in her field for creating content that is not only professional but also captivating.